What to Expect This Hurricane Season – 2020

An above-normal 2020 Atlantic hurricane season is expected, according to forecasters with NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center, a division of the National Weather Service. The outlook predicts a 60% chance of an above-normal season, a 30% chance of a near-normal season and only a 10% chance Read More

Heavy rain, strong winds, and power outages oh my!

Creaking trees turn to snapping branches (and many times uprooted trunks!) quickly. Where are those branches and trees landing? In the road and on power lines, knocking out electricity for Connecticut residents. Not having water and power can make an already stressed quarantine lifestyle extremely Read More

Tower Generator on Better Connecticut

Hurricane season is in effect until November 30. Are you ready for Mother Nature? The folks at Harwinton Ambulance Association sure are! Recently, we walked Better Connecticut's Scot Haney through the benefits of having a generator at your business and your home.

Cummins Acoustical Technology Center

The investment Cummins has made in their Acoustical Technology Center illustrates why their generators are so quiet. The 23,000 square foot building located at the Fridley Minnesota plant is capable of testing up to 3.3 megawatt machines. Through this testing, Cummins is able to locate Read More

Standby vs. Portable Generators

When thinking about buying a generator, we’re often asked if a portable generator is a good or comparable solution to a standby generator. No. Having a standby generator installed is the first step to keeping your family and home safe. Standby generators offer a steadfast Read More