Power Generator Service Technician I
- Starting Apprentice Level, General Maintenance and Light Repair
- Offering Sign-On Bonuses for Top Technician Candidates!!!
- (Up To $1,500 for Qualified Candidates)
- Job Type: Full-time, Primarily Field Based
Tower Generator is seeking apprentice level Power Generator Service Technicians to provide commercial and residential general maintenance and light repair for gas and diesel engine generators.
If you have small motor and mechanical experience, this could be your opportunity to start your career in the power generation systems industry with Connecticut’s leading provider. We offer competitive wages, medical, simple IRA, paid time off, extensive field training, company vehicle and more!
Are you ready for a career change? Do you love to work on small motor engines? Do you enjoy working with people and being outside working at different locations?
About Tower Generator
Since 1997, Tower Generator has been a leading provider of emergency backup power systems throughout Connecticut and the region. We provide sales, installation, maintenance and repair services for commercial and residential standby generators. Tower Generator is focused on delivering the highest quality of skilled technical operation and service value to our customers.
Do you share our core values?
- Make The Details Matter
- Show You Care
- Help The Team
Why Tower Generator?
If you are looking to be part of a growing company and start your career, then come join our team of professionals! We’re a local, family company that prioritizes and supports the well-being of our employees. We strive to make all the little things add up to really big things in the lives of our employees and community.
The primary function of the Power Generator Service Technician I is to provide general maintenance and light repairs of gas and diesel-powered generation equipment and automatic transfer switches located at our customer’s facilities and in preparation for emergency power failure. This is equally a customer-focused role ensuring customers are well-informed and satisfied.
- Mechanically diagnosis, maintain service and light repair standby power generators, switch gears and electronic controls
- Perform failure analysis, emergency field service and/or repairs for customers
- Check/repair fuel, cooling and electrical systems; inspect and clean parts
- Operation of load bank testing and recording of instrumentation
- Keep current concerning product changes, specifications and updates
- Compile all repair, maintenance and estimates records
- Operate, drive and maintain company vehicle
- Inventory and manage parts in vehicle
- Follows all safety procedures
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years heavy equipment, small engine motor repair, appliance repair or auto/truck mechanical experience.
- Repairs and general maintenance of gas and diesel-powered generation equipment and automatic transfer switches
- Knowledge of diesel engine fire pumps and controllers
- Ability to read and follow electric schematics and drawings
- Ability to identify potential problems ahead of time and implement proactive solutions
- Ability to respond to 24/7 emergency service calls on rotating schedule
- Accountability and organization to work independently
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking capability
- Excellent customer service combining technical knowledge with detail-oriented follow thru
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Compensation + Benefits
We offer a work environment that prioritizes its employees and offer competitive wages based on level of experience. Compensation and benefits include:
- Sign on bonus potential
- Competitive wages + overtime
- Medical insurance
- Simple IRA
- Paid holidays and earned time off vacation time
- Performance bonus
- Company vehicle and gas card
- Company provided laptop, cell phone, uniform apparel
- Free manufacturer skill trainings
- 4-6 week ride along field training
- Parties, picnics and other random food and beverage perks
- Opportunity for advancement
24/7 Emergency Requirement
This is primarily a day shift position. As a 24/7 emergency service provider, the position will require on-call/storm related night and weekend work, as needed.
- Able to lift 0-50 pounds frequently; 50-75 pounds occasionally; over 75 pounds rarely
- Able to routinely stand, sit, climb, stoop, twist and bend throughout an eight-hour shift
- Able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- High School diploma
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and ability to drive company-provided vehicle
- Submit to initial background check
- Computer literacy and ability to use Microsoft Office, phone, email, text
If we just described you, please send your resume for consideration and opportunity to join the Tower Generator family. At Tower Generator, your health is important to us. During the interview process, we strictly follow CDC guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tower Generator is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. At Tower Generator, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a safe and enjoyable work environment for everyone. Our commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
We strongly encourage prior military personnel and veterans to apply.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.