Set yourself up for success in the new year!
Owning a standby generator is a great first step in being prepared for any potential power outages in the coming years. However, it is important to do regular maintenance to keep it running efficiently. Check out these 5 tips to get your generator ready for 2022!
- Run a self-test (ideally weekly, if not at least once a month). Make sure that when you do there are no errors or warning messages.
- Make sure that your generator is in “auto” mode so that it will automatically turn on when it needs to.
- Keep it clean and free of debris. Make sure that there is room for proper airflow on the outside of the unit, and check the inside to make sure there are no blockages.
- Check the wiring and make sure that there aren’t any loose connections or frayed wires.
- Have your generator serviced by an authorized dealer every 6 months. Call us at 888-673-6667 to schedule your semi-annual service today!
A standby generator is a great investment and we’re here to help keep yours in great working condition, as long as possible.
Tips from: Today’s Homeowner