Business Accounting Manager
Job Type: Full-time, Onsite Office Setting in Canton, CT
Tower Generator is seeking a Business Accounting Manager to play a lead role in managing all of the company’s financial information and serving as controller over all financial accounting and administrative functions.
This could be your opportunity to advance your career and play an integral part supporting our growth in the power generation systems industry, as Connecticut’s leading provider. We offer competitive wages, medical/dental, paid time off, simple IRA, semi annual bonuses and more!
Do you love analyzing and reconciling numbers? Are you extremely detailed and organized? Are you excited to lead a team and play an important role at a growing company?
About Tower Generator
Since 1997, Tower Generator has been a leading provider of emergency backup power systems tSince 1997, Tower Generator has been a leading provider of emergency backup power systems throughout Connecticut and the region. We provide sales, installation, maintenance and repair services for commercial and residential standby generators. Tower Generator is focused on delivering the highest quality of skilled technical operation and service value to our customers.
Do you share our core values?
- Make The Details Matter
- Show You Care
- Help The Team
Why Tower Generator?
If you are looking to be part of a growing company and start your career, then come join our team of professionals! We’re a local, family company that prioritizes and supports the well-being of our employees. We strive to make all the little things add up to really big things in the lives of our employees and community.
Tower Generator is seeking a Business Accounting Manager to play a lead role in managing all of the company’s financial information and serving as controller over all financial accounting and administrative functions. We are looking for a highly detailed and experienced professional with a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to support P+L management and to develop and maintain general accounting functions: from accounts payable and receivable to the general ledger and taxes, to managing the administration of new hire onboarding, employee records and insurance benefit administration.
- Develop monthly P+L statements, from income statements to the balance sheet
- Establish, assess and enforce proper accounting methods, practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements to reach financial objectives
- Manage the company’s financial transactions, including job costing,account receivables, account payables and collections
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements, including revenue and expenditure variance analysis
- Develop and monitor financial controls and processes for accounting functions and operations, ensuring compliance and accuracy
- Manage administrative functions of the business including job costing, payroll processing, bookkeeping, cash receipts, financial assets, new‐hire onboarding, employee records and insurance benefit administration
- Develop cash flow forecasting and debt management procedures and reporting
- Develop and manage financial audit activities, including monthly and year end processes and working with CPA firm for quarterly and annual taxes
- Oversee capital asset reconciliation and fixed asset activity
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years heavy equipment, small engine motor repair, appliance repair or auto/truck mechanical experience.
- Repairs and general maintenance of gas and diesel-powered generation equipment and automatic transfer switches
- Knowledge of diesel engine fire pumps and controllers
- Ability to read and follow electric schematics and drawings
- Ability to identify potential problems ahead of time and implement proactive solutions
- Ability to respond to 24/7 emergency service calls on rotating schedule
- Accountability and organization to work independently
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking capability
- Excellent customer service combining technical knowledge with detail-oriented follow thru
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- 5+ years of business management and accounting experience
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations, including U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Highly motivated self‐starter, hands‐on, team player that displays deadline urgency
- Excellent planning, problem‐solving, and communication skills
- Thrives in entrepreneurial environment and able to perform in multiple capacities
- Strong organizational skills; highly accurate and detailed while skilled at prioritizing capabilities
- Extensive experience with QuickBooks and other financial reporting tools, software and databases
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office and advanced excel capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Compensation + Benefits
We offer a work environment that prioritizes its employees and offer competitive wages and compensation based on level of experience. Compensation and benefits include:
- Valid CT driver’s license
- Competitive salary
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Simple IRA
- Paid holidays and earned time off vacation time
- Semi-annual discretionary bonus potential
- Personal development support
- Parties, picnics and other random food and beverage perks
If we just described you, please send your resume for consideration and opportunity to join the Tower Generator family.
Our philosophy of “We Care” transcends our customer relations to our vendors and employees is how we operate.
At Tower Generator, your health is important to us. During the interview process, we strictly follow CDC guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tower Generator is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. At Tower Generator, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a safe and enjoyable work environment for everyone. Our commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
We strongly encourage prior military personnel and veterans to apply.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.